Monday, March 7, 2011

You know what you want to do but....



I think one of the most frustrating things when planning a birthday party is when you know you have the perfect theme or idea but finding the supplies and decorations you need to pull it off is near impossible. It just isn't out there.

Came in touch with a lady over the weekend who wants to do Paul Frank's Julius the monkey for her daughter's first birthday party. She contact me through my Etsy Store and asked if I could do decorations for this.

Well after I figured out who Julius was, I set out to come up with some ideas. Sometimes when you look closer at something, you will see that it is much easier to recreate than you might think and Julius is one of those characters. He is basically just a few simple shapes and very easy so we recreated his shapes and put a birthday hat on him and there we had it! Needlesss to say the lady was thrilled.

My advice today is don't give up on your ideas, ask for help, seek out someone who makes things handmade (like me!) and you will succeed at having that perfect party come together to celebrate that special day you worked so hard to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment